No Sound from Alarm

On my Audi A4 2.4 1999 T reg. there is no audible sound when I operate the= Key fob remote control for the alarm system. All doors and windows lock/close OK. When I sit in the= car and activate the alarm system, then trigger the ultrasonic sensor, the indicator lights= flash, but there is no sound from the alarm system.

Would appreciate helpful suggestions on; Where are the Alarm Unit and= Sounder located? and any suggestions why alarm unit does not make a sound when triggered.

Regards

Henri

Reply to
Henri Winterman

Because it's configured not to! Ask your dealer to switch the sounder on, or get hold of a VAG-COM (or similar) and do it yourself. I've set mine to beep when arming. With an ntl address, are you anywhere near Reading? If so, email me - I can do it for you.

Reply to
Peter Bell