Okay....that funky radio

2003 A4 with the non-BOSE...twice in the past two months the AM has gone south. Total static. Today....I got in my car. No rain....no care wash...and boom! Bad reception again on the AM dial. The last time....it just cleared up...after I went through a car wash...the only thing this morning was....alot of fog. Any answers?
Reply to
JJ

I have had various problems with my 2004 A4 non-Bose radio with some interesting non-documented features too.

In short, there seems to be no answer. The radio seems to be inconsistent with repeatable failures problematic. I have posted here that a reboot solved my last problem (stop/restart vehicle) with static that started when I was waiting to get off a ferry. I wish I could offer something but ...

Reply to
Cam Newton

My old 100q has had a similar problem the I can correct at will but returns. Looking for a permanent fix.

The solution is to wiggle the power wire to the AM antenna amp which on my model is located in the drivers side 'C' pillar inside the inside covering. Another thing that seems to be related is the ground connection on the back of the radio seems to need to be cleaned.

Yours may be a different issue.

Cam Newt> >

Reply to
Tony

Might be. I had similar suggestions a few months back.

I had a mighty pissing match with the sales idiot that I bought the car from about this issue. Bascially he said 'enjoy the CD player'. The really stupid and irritating part is that when I bought the car he said I am your guy if you have a problem. I could have easily bought the same car elsewhere or the Infiniti G35X but no, I bough from him, cuz he was going to be my champion if I needed help with the Servric dept.

After the email pissing match he told me not to bother him any more. I had to get the sales mgr at the dealer to spank him and write me an apology. That is an email I am keeping.

Thanks

Reply to
Cam Newton