Prolem with the wheel

Hi all,

I've been enjoy reading your questions and answers on this mailing list. Today, however, I have my own question that needs your helps.

My car is Audi 2002 A6 Quattro. It has been driving fine, except that the driving wheel was a little shaking (which I thought was acceptable). Today, the vibration was raised to a level that immediately caught my attention. The wheel was shaking so much I could really feel it, and the car tends to go to the right hand side if I don't hold the wheel tightly. Also, there is some noise in front area of the car, probably under the hood or at the axle. I checked the tires but off course that was not the problem.

I am not so sure what the main problem is, and I intend to bring it to either a mechanic or an Audi dealer. However, I would like to know if this problem is serious that I really need to spend money on dealer's service or just a local mechanic is good enough.

Any insight suggestion would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Have the suspension looked at immediately! Might be a control arm (ball joints) if the tires and wheels are fine. I will ASSuME that you made sure the wheels were not falling off of your Audi! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

the nearest mechanic with a ramp...........and take a look see.

Reply to
Tom E