Re: Any problems with the 2000 TT

> I am thinking about buying a 2000 TT but I know it was the first year

> > of production and am a bit hesitant. > > > > Does anyone have any comments, good and bad about this car and what I > > should be concerned about? > > > > TIA > > Hi, > > As with any car, there are probably some aspects you need to consider. > > One that I can think of for the TT (and all VAG 1.8T engines) is the > notorious coil pack problem ... but it seems to be a batch problem, so I > wouldn't know whether your 2000 TT would be included. > > I would recommend that you post this question on the TT forum sites (see my > sig for the web addresses).

Add to that.. probable bad Diverter Valve (almost certainly replaced under warranty, or with an aftermarket unit), plus check whether ESP, spoiler and (yah boo!) Mk.II suspension has been fitted by a dealer.

If it was registered after September 2000, then it's the 2001 model (which has a smaller, more rounded, rear view mirror), and automatically comes with ESP etc.

These are the only changes I can thing of since its release in 1999.. if you hear a *very* quiet "Morse code" sort of noise with the radio off and the engine running, then the earth strap hasn't been fitted properly to the radio (a common problem.. but barely noticeable. IIRC, it's caused by the Haldex unit inducing cross-talk. Might only be present is a car fitted with the Bose system)

HTH

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi

That's it!! That noise is driving me crazy.

Is it an easy fix? I had taking the car in to the dealer. ZP

Reply to
ZiggyPopp

AFAIK, it's a dodgy earth strap and a fairly major let's-take-the-cabin-apart job.

I had it down to be fixed on the first warranty call (it wasn't) but, after hearing how much was involved, I haven't bothered.

HTH

H1K

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi