Re: service interval A4 2.5 TDI for clutch and cam-belt

sorry the 80k referred to miles not km.

> "PropertyBargain" schreef in bericht > news: snipped-for-privacy@news.greennet.net... > > Dont think the clutch is a service item. > > The cambelt is due to be replaced at 80K. > > The car has 144k km on the clock, so it would take another 16k kms. Is this > independent on any motor type for the V6 2.5 TDI? > > Daniel > >
Reply to
PropertyBargain

Should have had it done at 120kkm. Then again at 240. But this should be in your service manual anyway :-)

Gruß

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

"Wolfgang Pawlinetz" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

bericht

That's of course the main issue.... I don't have the service manual. Is there another way to check this or find out? Isn't there some visual check?

thanks for the info so far

Daniel

Reply to
Dano

Yuck.

Not that I know of. The belt is hidden basically within the engine. I don't know of any method telling that it has been changed, but otoh I'm not an Audi mechanic.

I just now one thing for sure: Not knowing at 144kkm if the timing belt had been changed or not would surely make me nervous and in fact I'd not use the car until I found out.

Audi/VW are pretty tight on their recommendation on the change intervals.

Ask the previous owner? Possibe ask him/her which workshop they'd had for the car so you can ask there.

IMO the 120 kkm milestone is a very common one to sell the car either just before or slightly after this mark, as it's relatively expensive to do (compared to the otherwise negligible maintenance cost). And if the hapless buyer does not know it's another 1500 Euro (here in Austria) bill.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz