Rear wheel bearings

Anyone have any experience replacing rear wheel bearings on Audi A4 quattro 1.8t 2000. I checked my bentley and it appears fairly involved. I guess I'm wondering how long it took, and how much blood was involved. don

Reply to
windz1

Don, If you're into doing it yourself, a Hubshark tool or something similar may be the answer - I believe that JCWitless has something similar - basically you remove the axle and hub from the bearing and press it out of the strut in-situ, so you don't need to remove the strut and press it out on a shop press. The best part (mostly on the front) is that you don't mess with the alignment. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears

Fifth item down.

I've just had one done on my 2000 2.8 Quattro. I got the garage to do. It took them a couple of hours.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding