Rough Idle help on 88 351 windsor

Have this nice old truck and the idle is really inconsistent. It will bog, then over-rev trying to recover then hold idle for a few. And then repeat again... Happens more when engaged in D, especially at a stop sign or light. I have sprayed around the intake gasket with carb cleaner and no change. Injectors have been pulled and cleaned (supposedly) along with a full tune-up... New Oxygen sensor... The tuneup was farmed out to a mechanic who came recommended as I needed some seals replaced along with brakes.

Any ideas of where next to look?

Thanks

Carl

Reply to
Carl Beyer

Had some trouble similar to this with my 89 F150. Turned out to be several broken vacuum lines. Check you vacuum lines with a tester to find the one that won't hold a vacuum.

Mark

Reply to
Nemisis