Strange A/C behaviour

Hello Audi lovers:

Haven't had any problems lately with my 89 100, but I have noticed lately that when the engine is under load ( near zero vacuum ) that the a/c switches from the upper vents to the lower vents, and blows hot air. It seems to be switching to heater mode. As soon as I let up on the gas, it returns to normal operation. The a/c is cold, and blows through the upper vents again.

I have checked the recirculation door, and it is working properly. Where do I look next?

Thanks,

Reply to
Stephen Clark

Stephen, See if the vacuum check valve is leaking - put a mity vac on the vacuum line onto the CC brain and pump it up to see if it is leaking. Cheers!

Reply to
Steve Sears

Wow! that was a quick reply. Do you sit there just waiting for the questions? ( just kidding ).

And where would one find said CC brain? I don't have a manual...

Thanks for your promptness!

Reply to
Stephen Clark

Hey, what else is there to do....oh yeah...work. The "cc brain" in my '87 is located behind the glove box - follow the vacuum lines. You might want to check to see what Scott Mockry has on his new'n'improved site:

Cheers!

Reply to
Steve Sears