Turn Signals

Hello,

I have a 1999 A6 ( and a 95) with an interesting although maybe to some a simple problem. When I use the turn signal ( either right or left ) I get several clicks( Blinks of the signal light) never more than 3 and then nothing. Sometimes I get nothing at all. I suspect it is the device that does the blinking . Where is this device located? Some have told me it is in the box with relays inside the engine compartment. I cannot seem to find it.

Does anyone reading this list have any idea what it may be if not the device that does the blinking ? And if so where can this device be found on the car so that I am replace it?

Thank you ,

Allan Schneider

Reply to
Allan Schneider

It's almost certainly the flasher unit - it failed on my 2000 A6 after just three years.

It is integral with the hazard flasher switch in the centre of the console. You need to unclip the fascia trim which surrounds the hazard switch - the flasher unit can then be accessed.

Reply to
Peter Bell

"Allan Schneider"wrote

Yup. I agree with Peter. It's most likely the hazards relay switch which is integrated with the hazards button in the center console.

Good luck,

Pete

Reply to
Pete