water pump on 1999 A4

Is it true Ron that if the water pump goes on a 1999 A4 1.8T it damages the timing belt and then will eventually damage the Valves, I thought the water pump was on the Fan Belt. please give an insight. Moreover how much should a replacement of water pump cost?

Reply to
Buying a Used Audi

Alec

"Buying a Used Audi" wrote

This is true for the AWM engine ('01 A4). I am not sure if the '99 is like that as well though.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

So you mean a 2001 A4 Engine is different than 1999?

Reply to
Buying a Used Audi

"Buying a Used Audi" wrote

In certain ways, yes. For one, the 2001 has variable valve timing, upgraded turbo internals, and a few other things. The timing belt tensioner is different as well. I'm sure there are many other small things, too.

If you're looking for a complete replacement kit (TB, tensioner, rollers, water pump, thermostat), check out the kits from

(if you're in the US that is).

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to