Wheel Alignment

Hi

I'm looking for some clarification on Toe In specifications for an Audi A4. The Bentley repair manual quotes +10' +/- 2', whereas when I had the tracking checked on a 4 wheel alignment laser rig their figures suggested between 0.5 and 1.6 degrees - seems quite a wide tolerance and doesn't agree with the Bentley info.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Bentley manual specs are in Radians. Gotta do conversion. Sorry can't recall my HS maths.

Tony

96 S6
Reply to
Tony

Easy as....errr......pi,

2*pi (3.14....etcetc....22/7 for those with cheap calculators) radians = 360 degrees (full circle) Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears

Found this a while back and fortunately saved it:

A4 Front

Camber: -0°25' - -1°15'

Toe: 0°05' - 0°15'

Rear

Camber: -0°10' - -1°10'

Toe: 0°03' - 0°13'

Reply to
news.rcn.com

Those are degrees and minutes - 60 minutes equals 1 degree. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k
Reply to
Steve Sears

Hi

Thanks for your comments. I had assumed that the Bentley figures were in 'minutes' being 1/60 of a degree. The figures you have responded with align more or less with the bentley specs but this still results in a discrepancy with my local tyre shop. 0.5 degrees would be 30 minutes which is a bit higher than bentley spec.

I may check with my Audi Main Dealer and get their opinion but otherwise will see how tyres wear. If problems occur I'll complain to tyre shop.

Thanks

Reply to
Geoff