Where is the thermostat located on a "96 A6

I need to change the thermostat on my wife's car and don't want to start taking things apart without knowing where to start. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Doug.

Reply to
Doug Schade

Why change it. Unless it's defective.

Reply to
M. Butkus

He said he *needed* to change it [thermostat], so presumably it is defective. The Haynes manual says it's on the front left of the block (actually in the block on the five-cylinder engines).

Regards

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Morton