Lumina APV Wiper Arms

Hi, a friend of mine has a '94 Lumina van, and his windshield washer hose has sprung a leak. It runs from the washer pump, up underneath a plastic cowl, that is held on with eight screws.
I tried to give him a hand today, to take off the cowl, the problem is the wiper arms are right on top of the cowl, and each one is held on with a large nut. We removed the nuts, but those wiper arms won't budge, I tried a small gear puller, but I didn't want to use any kind of excessive force, until I know exactly what is holding these things on. By eye they appear to just be pressed on. Would anyone know how to remove these arms, without causing any damage, is there some sort of trick to getting these things off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA, Wade
They are just pressed on, if you have a puller, go ahead and use it... I just take off the nut and gentley rock the arm back and forth, they usually loosen up pretty easily... sometimes I have to resort to a puller, the old one I have for top post batterys works well... as for the leak, if it's just a line pulled off, put on a dab of super glue on before pushing the line back on...keeps it from falling off again.... Bobo

the
damage,
Thanks a million for the quick comeback. Just knowing that they are pressed on will allow us to use a little more force, without worrying about damaging something. The super glue is also a great idea, just a little more insurance........... -Wade

tried
Using the super glue is not a good idea if you may want to remove it someday. Replace with new hose, it is cheap and readily available at most auto parts stores...

washer
is
force,
appear
I gotta tell ya.. go ahead and get new hose.. I would and do use a dab of superglue on the new hose too... I have had too many come off.. All you need to do is pull a little harder to pull it off if for some reason you need to....

with
Yes! use the puller and to remove it.

the
damage,
Yes, use the gear puller to separate the arm from post. Mnn

the
damage,