1984 325E with an "M" on the front grille and and back

I've been told that my car is rare, and i'm not sure. It's a 1984 325e, but has two "M's" on it. BBS 16" wheels, front and rear cowlings and side ground effects (i think is what they're called) driving lights, and a black rubber spoiler. I've been told it's rare, first of the "M" series, and i've been told that somebody just stuck that "M" on there ! What say you BMW fans ?

Reply to
Chippsta

Sharkman540i

If you could indulg me for a second, with apologies in advance....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Ok, thanks.

There are no special M cars. There are cars with M-Technic accessories, but none of these ever bore an M badge from factory. It is an abomination to apply an M badge to a 325e -- e=eta, which means less power, more torque,

4500rpm redline instead of 6800, reduced emmissions. Hardly an M car.

An E30 M3 has flared fenders, a BMW Motorsport 4-cylinder engine, and 5-lug wheels, among many other differences. There are no other versions on the E30 platform.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

The M badges have just been stuck on, it is not a M3. If it was an M3 it would not be called a 325e it would be called an M3. If it was an M3 on the engine it would have "M Power" written on it. If it was an M3, I think, you'd know about it, as it would have cost you a lot, lot more than a 325 and would be a lot, lot faster and your insurance would be a lot, lot higher. It would also say "M3" on the registration certificate, service history, etc.

Reply to
brett

It is rare because no one would be caught with that on their car LOL. Take the M of the car ans spare yourself the embarrASSment of trying to bew something your card is not.

Reply to
AL