Got the 300 M

I'm floating two inches above the ground, really exited about the 300M that I drove home this tuesday. What a step up from the 'childrens bus' we used to drive (Citroen Berlingo).

It's a beautiful black late 1998 3.5 with 'everything' in it. It's about a thousand times more interesting than any other car on the road (here in Denmark) and it's the most expensive car anyone drive at work including the boss....

I just filled it up today and I'm doing about 25 mpg in it, the cruise control helps a lot I think. Everybody drives with stick shift here and cruise control is very rare.

The size of the car (5x2 m) is large compared to other cars here, most cars are about 4.2m x 1.7 m and this makes it a little difficult to fit the car into parking spaces and the tall rear window makes it almost impossible to watch where I'm going. But it's worth it, this is such a great looking car. (or as she says in the commercial: "because I'm worthless")....

Now I'm hoping for a long lasting relationship with few problems, I can't afford major repairs with a car that has these spare part prices. I have read a lot of good reviews about the quality of the 3.5 model and I hope they are right.

JimR Denmark

Reply to
JR

You might want to visit the 300M Enthusiasts Club and its forums (and think about joining). Lots of good info. and knowledge base on likely problems, maintenance tips, etc.

Club

Forums

Bill Putney

Enjoy the car. We've enjoyed our 1999. We usually keep a car about 6+ years but my wife loves it and will not part with hers this year.

Reply to
Art

Wasn't the first model the 99 version?

Reply to
Steve

I'm smile-in for ya. It's been a while since I was last in Denmark, but I know what you mean. In NL and DE I always get a kick out of seeing the odd 300M on the road.

Who was it that said life's too short to drive slow, ugly cars?

Remember, it's MoPar - or No Car.

Reply to
MoPar Man

I was all ready to tell you you were wrong, but did a last minute check on some drill down parts source web sites, and you're right - the 2nd gens. started in '98 with the Concorde and the Interepid, but the LHS and M didn't come out until '99.

Is it possible some 98's were made for Eurpoe, or is Jim going to post back saying his is in fact a '99?

Bill Putney

"Model years" as we know them in North America aren't used outside North America. Rather, car year is identified by production date for parts and service purposes, and by date of first registration for legal and identification purposes. This means that what we might know as a "1999

300M" could easily be known in Germany (for instance) as a 1998 if it was first registered shortly after being built in, say, October of 1998. Or, that same "1999 300M" could be known as a 2000 if the dealer had it sitting on his lot and it wasn't purchased and registered until 2000.

The "model year" is pretty much unique to the North American market. It started out as a sales-and-styling tool (you can't persuade people to buy next year's model unless there's such a thing as last year's model!), and was codified when emission regulations came into force, defining the maximum length of validity for a manufacturer's emission certification for any given vehicle configuration.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

You are right on the spot, my 300M is registrered in october '98 and is supposed to be a '99 model.

JimR

"Daniel J. Stern" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@alumni.eng>

Reply to
JR

I'm a member of the Danish Mopar club

- I hope I can join the cruise with the rest of the 300 letter cars :-D Would anybody notice the

35 year difference ..?..

JimR

"M>

Reply to