2002 325 i Oil reset

I have a 2002 325i and I just changed the oil but the maintence reminder light is on. Does anybody know how to reset the light? I know the previous model had a socket to reset the light but I don't see it on this model.

Reply to
JasonR via CarKB.com

"JasonR via CarKB.com" wrote

You don't need anything but agile fingers:

To reset the service interval indicator: push trip button turn ignition key to position 1 and 15A will appear to left of mileage release trip button wait 3 seconds push trip button wait (5 - 8 seconds) for RST to appear in left corner release trip button push trip button

15000 [or kilometer equivalent] will appear as new service interval release trip button The miles [or kilometers] until next service will now count down from the reset interval.
Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Thanks Floyd Rogers I'll give it a try !!! :)

Reply to
JasonR via CarKB.com

Can this also reset the "inspection" light? I also have the same model.

Thanks, Bill

Floyd Rogers wrote:

Reply to
weng94