seat adjuster

the back part on my passenger seat on my 89 735i is stuck in the down position,dont know if the motor is gone bad or just out of sync,if so is there a way to manualy adjust...

Reply to
mw3

I seem to recall there are two motors. They transmit power to a gearbox on either side of the seat, at the pivot. This is done using a flelible steel cable with square section ends which push into the motor and gearbox.

The cable is encased in a plastic sleeve. As it gets older the sleeve expands for some reason, it gets longer. This pulls the cable out of engagement. All you need to do is to heat the metal end cap of the cable gently and pull it off. Shorten the plastic 1/2" and put the end cap back on.

Reply to
John Burns

thanks for the info. however i forgot to mention that one side of the seat does adjust (or attempt too) will this solution solve this problem as well..

Reply to
mw3

I believe there are two cables so only one has failed then. You should check/repalce them both when they're in there.

I had an E32 do this to me once.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.