330 transmission problem

I have a 5-spd manual. When shifting from 1st to 2nd, as I let the clutch pedal out, the car sometimes "leaps" forward. This only happens between 1st and 2nd and is intermittent. The dealer has looked at the transmission twice and can't find a problem. Any ideas?

Reply to
jh

"jh" wrote

I think it's unlikely that it's a transmission problem. You don't say what year it is, but 330i only had the 5 speed manual for the '00/'01/'02 model years. The early years of the electronic throttle had a couple of problems - one required a new throttle potentiometer, which was mostly done under warranty. The engine program tries to keep the same rpm, and sometimes glitches - I most often see this (even though I've had the throttle replaced) from start in

1st.

FloydR '01 330xi

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

also your car has a clutch check valve which can sometimes throw of your timing

this can be removed and will offer any reasonably experienced manual driver better shifting ( the M3 does not have the clutch check valve ) removed mine two months after getting my '01 and would never go back

snipped-for-privacy@canada.com

ps - to Floyd - i hope i didn't offend with the comment on your math booboo

Reply to
330xi

"330xi" wrote

Yeah, I've thought about removing it, but it's not the highest thing on my task list.

Nah; I should have caught it myself.

Reply to
Floyd Rogers