1st, stupid Q: what's the # of the body of the current 3's? E46?
Next, basically I'm considering either a 98-00 E36 2dr, or a 00+ 2 or 4,
sport pkg. on whichever. BTW, is there an abbr. for sport pkg.?
There are several deciding factors, and they have to break past the fact
that the 00+ is way worse aesthetically.
Note, I'm not super concerned about performance diffs. as I was plenty
satisfied with that of my current 94 sport pkg. 325is.
1. Is the door on the <00 4dr basically the
same size and position as the >00 4dr, or did it get bigger or farther
back? IOW, same egress headroom, same room to the rear of the
door and support post in relation to the seat?
2. Did they finally change the damn AC filter location, or is still the
super irritating to chg. under psgr. dash location?
3. Did they finally put plastic under dash covers as opposed to the cheapo
painted cardboard in the early E36's?
4. Were any, or was there an option, for subwoofer output prewiring in the
trunk (line level, w/activatable crossover to cut the lows from the other
5. How about a Phatbox/Sirius/XM/CDchgr. prewire?
6. What year did side&head airbags become an option? Standard? Did they
affect headroom, either egress/engress or in seated position? My mom's
new VW Passat is extremely affected by it, so I wonder.
7. And the pickiest Q for last: when did they finally include a compass?
Drivin a 94 BMW 325is w/sport.
For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
Yeah, it's really a real address :)