88 735i (E32) Winshield Wipers won't stop

After turning off wipers they keep going and going and going....

Reply to
CGATL

I'm going to guess, the switch that you use to turn them on and off is not working right.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You got two choices... either the switch is broken, or the module that does the intermittent wiping is broken. There's no computer control or anything here, it's just a switch in series with the motor pretty much.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

IF the wiper motor is anything like the sunroof motor, there will be a home position switch that tells the motor to stop in a certain place. This switch can be broken/dirty, and this can cause the motor to run on after the selector has been set to off.

Technically, the home switch will be in the gearbox that connects the motor to the wiper arms, if there is one ...

My money is on the wiper control switch -- the one the driver uses to start and stop the wipers.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

If you switch the ignition off and on and they keep going it is the column switch., if they don't then it is the switch in the motor that detects the rest position.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Thank You All!

Reply to