92 325i streo not working? any tip?

i bought this car without streo in it. I installed a mp3 player and used the same harness which came with the car. player is working fine but no sound in any speaker. I replaced the orginal amp with same orginal amp but still no sound. hooked the subs directly with white amp harness and they are working without amp. anyone got more info? Thanks

Reply to
ralfnader

Not familiar with the car but as a first port of call I'd look for a fuse or relay that powers the amp. Sounds like it's not getting a voltage feed.

HTH

Reply to
SteveG

Reply to
ralfnader

be sure your new stario is sending a power on signal to the amp.

Reply to
Todd Zuercher

could you tell me more about it??? where to check this signal??

Reply to
ralfnader