E90: Seat Belt/ PDC chime not working.

Hi,

I have a 2006 330i.

No Idrive. No front PDC. Just the basic rear PDC. No PDC "button" on the dash.

I noticed recently that the PDC had apparently stopped working.

Took it to a local garage to check the system but they said PDC system was actually OK. The sensors were working and detecting obstructions. Just no sound was coming out.

At first I thought this would be straightforward but it seems from looking at various forums that much depends on your package, whether you have front PDC, and/or Idrive etc. Sometimes the sound is sent through the stereo, or other times there's a separate speaker somewhere.

Does anyone know where/how the PDC audio is handled on my particular package (described briefly above)?

And who best to fix? BMW garage or is it a simple DIY task?

Many thanks.

Reply to
SteveL

PDC?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Parking Distance Control.

Reply to
Dean Dark

That's the back-up monitor, right?

Sorry, I don't have this, and have never fixed one.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland