99 528 with hard to open doors

Hey all, we have a 99 528 touring where the door seems to be getting heavy/hard to open from inside... is there anything we can do about this ? one forum mentioned to take a plastic cap off the door but the one I have is on there solid and I'm worried about breaking the plastic if continuing..

anyone else had this problem ? thanks!

Reply to
GBS

Is it noisy when it opens? Is the issue the hinges sticking or the latch sticking?

A can of Super-Lube spray on the hinges could be a good thing. Use a dry lubricant on the latch mechanism.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Its all in the latch I think and its from the inside getting out, the outside seem to be better but it also has more leverage... I suspected some kind of lube but where would I put it and would I have to take the panel off ?

Reply to
GBS

If it's the same as mine there are two screws to be removed first. One under a cover in the interior handle backing plate. One inside the vent. The panel is held in place by a number of spring clips spaced round the outer edge.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Scott, You should get money for this--you have a plethora of answers--and much in the area of valuable advice. still driving my e28 ('88 528e 5- speed). Garrett

Reply to
carguygarrett