99 Windstar Open Door Warning???

I have a 99 windstar every time we open the passenger front door, the dash will indicate that there is an open door, as expected. However, when the door is shut, the car/system/dash does not recognize that the door is shut. The dash shows the door is still open, and the interior lights are still on. Even if we open the door again, and close it hard.....nothing seems to help.

This seems to only be happening on this one door. Eventually the system will show that the door is closed (the dash light will go off, and the interior lights will go off). This usually happens between 1 and 10 minutes after the door was shut and we are driving.

Any ideas?

--mike centerville, utah

Reply to
Mbt6

get that all the time on here... spray wd-40 into the latch, work door and spray again

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

So far.......your suggestion has seemed to fix the problem.

Reply to
Mbt6

Good to know.. and I am only relaying what I learned on here.

Thanks for following up.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic