A word of advice re: rear end collisions....

My 325iS has been hit twice in the rear while I was stopped at red lights. The last one just dinged the trunk and cracked the bumper cover. $3,500 later it was as good as new...

Reply to
Michael Thompson

How does one collide with the rear of a vehicle without causing damage? I would have thought, at the *very least* there would have been paintwork damage, if not bodywork or bumper damage.

And that said, I don't see how such a minor impact could cause a suspension problem. Could the two not just be coincidental?

Incidentally, I got a "creaking spring" noise when travelling around corners with my Mondeo. This was after I ran it up a kerb at 50mph, popping two tyres and damaging two alloy wheels - front and back. I also drove it on two popped tyres to work, and then to a tyre garage, in total about 5 miles.

With new tyres fitted, it never actually gave me any further problems (even the tracking was fairly plumb when I finally had it checked months after the fact), but I would be curious to know what was causing that noise.

Reply to
Ste

The rear of the E36 coupe M3 is basically flat. The van that bumped into me was much higher and had a large rubber bumper and grill works.

Incidentally, the noise has disappeared for the time being....so the procrastinator that I am......stay tuned.

David H.

Reply to
David Hageman