a word or two of sage advice.

If you have a tall vehicle, such that you can't easily get to or clean the roof, don't park it habitually under the trees.

It's just taken me about an hour and a half to clean the accumulated scunge off the minibus I'm about to sell. And it's not exactly what you'd call clean, now. It is, however, as clean as I'm going to make it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

LOL, funny stuff tree scuzz, it's like superglue with a bit of colour chucked infor ectoplasmic use!!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

In truth it is proof against pretty much everything except maybe a plasma cutter!

Reply to
GbH

I looked at a bus a few years ago that had been parked under a tree which the local galahs called home. The owner could have sold it for garden fertiliser with about 40mm of bird shit all over the roof.

Reply to
Roger

On or around Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:10:33 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

pressure washer moved a bit of it, car cleaning chemical through the washer made hardly any difference, ended up scrubbing it with a scotch-style green scouring pad in addition to the chemical (my hands were spotless...) and even that didn't get it really clean.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There are worse things than trees to park under, I had a caravan that lived under a pylon. Green gunge was the penalty.

Reply to
Larry

My old Audi A4 gets parked under some conifers, it's the bird shit that's the biggest problem. I've got three spaces in my garden, only one of which gets the shit, so that's where the every-day driving car goes, I'll not put the Landy or the Pinz in that space, even for a few hours! It got so bad recently that the car started to smell so had to be cleaned for the first time in a year. It's amazing how much shit birds generate. The trees (although apparently conifers aren't technically trees according to a tree surgeon..) will be felled at some point so the birds'll have to find something else to sit on and crap.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ian Rawlings uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I parked next to a pylon at HQ once where they have the big masts... only space on the car park, never thought twice.

When I came out I was looking for the camera...there wasn't one. I've never seen so much bird crap in my life. The Granada had turned from Grey into a trifle cream topping.

I don't park there any more.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Sprinkle some cress seeds on top, fresh salad whenever you want it!

Always glad to help.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings