"BMW 3 Series 1992-1998 Service Manual.pdf" yEnc

To anyone interested: This pdf copy of the Bentley e36 manual is available in the newsgroup alt.binaries.ebook.technical

Reply to
Jack

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:05:18 GMT, "Jack" waffled on about something:

I think you'll find that's alt.binaries.e-book.technical

Unfortunately the post has already completely expired on my server, all I have is Tinman saying thank you.

A little heads up for any UK peeps who do download it, IIRC the American Bentley manual does not cover the 316 engine, or any of the diesels.

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

And a downloaded copy like this is not only illegal (copyright laws) but also is theft - of the work of the author and publishing expenses of the publisher.

If you're OK with being a thief and stealing someones work..

Reply to
admin

I agree 100% with this sentiment, especially as it relates to manuals such as Bentley's where they obviously created a lot of original material, designed and packaged it in a useful way, and now sell them at a reasonable cost.

When companies such as BMW try to gouge the consumer for their shop or parts manuals it starts to get into a slightly different area.

The ONLY exception I can see would be if someone already purchased the paper version of this manual (as I have) and merely wanted a searchable pdf copy for their PC.

Reply to
Fred W

That would be, what? 90% of the known internet?

Don't look at me I paid for my real copy.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Your Bentley to BMW comparison is very interesting, but I think you're confusing what you personally see as "right" and "wrong" with copyright law.

It won't stand up in court, you know.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Absolutely true. It was purely from a personal ethics point of view.

It is also illegal to drive faster than 65 mph on most divided highways in the US.

Reply to
Fred W