Brake Lights

Hi to everyone,

Just noticed that all brake lights are not working on wife's 95

316. I did check the fuse & it looks OK. Any hints what to check next, please?

thanks jerry

Reply to
MJD

The bulbs?

I once wasted half a day tearing things apart to get at the wiring, only to discover that both bulbs had failed more or less simultaneously.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Dan, bulbs look OK..also hatch break light is out.

thanks jerry

Reply to
MJD

Replace the fuse. Sometimes they look OK, but they aren't. They are cheap too.

Reply to
joe_tide

Do you mean, besides the lights themselves?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Yes, wasnt sure how to track the problem? jerry

Reply to
MJD

if it is a touring, then check the cables and wiring from the body to the hatch, likely worn through somewhere///

Reply to
Sharkman BMW