CD changer trouble

Sometimes I get an error E-30 while trying to play a cd. Other times it says no disc. The changer is full. Sometimes it actually works for a few minutes before I get the error message. It is a factory unit in the trunk. Any ideas? 1992 XJ40

Reply to
Mike

According to my Sound System owner handbook (for my 93 XJ-S): Code: E-30 Cause: High Temperature. Solution: The error message goes out when the temperature returns to the operation range.

Yeah, I know the solution is little help - I was just quoting exactly.

If its really not related to heat-soak when parked, its probably a bad changer.

For my car the 'factory' changer is actually an Alpine CHM-S620. It plugs right in, and works just fine. ABout 1/3 price of the 'Jaguar' labelled variant...

Reply to
Jeremy Bell