Cleaning Clear Plastic

After I got home with my Ion,I noticed the clear plastic covering the gauge cluster,was hazy/filmy,like the car sat out in the heat for months before shippng,I was thinking of using a wet(water with a little dawn) terry cloth wash cloth,to clean it,but,is that soft enough?.I sure as hell don't want to have it scratch from a washcloth,you never know.

Reply to
teem

Page 358 of the 2003 Saturn ION Owner's Handbook reads:

Cleaning the Instrument Panel Gauge Cluster Lens

Use only mild soap and water or a clean damp lint-free cloth. Sprays containing silicones or waxes may cause a hazy appearance on the instrument panel cluster lens. To remove silicone waxes from the instrument panel cluster lens, use a mixture of five parts clean water, one part ammonia, and one part mild dish soap and a lint-free cloth. Always wipe with a new section of the cloth to remove all the residue.

Useful things, them owners manuals!

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

If what Kirk suggests doesn't work well, try Meguiar's PlastX. Designed for clear plastic it should remove anything. I've always just used a paper towel and windex on the gauge cluster but that PlastX works great on my poor sandblasted headlights.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Paluda