Climate Control fan Speed

2000 E39 w/37,000 miles.

The fan for the climate control seems to be only working at one speed and a high one at that. The speed doesn't increase/decrease when I push the +/-.

Any thoughts before I have to call the shop?

Thank you

Reply to
Hans C

Resistor module has gone to Heaven...

Reply to
daytripper

What am I lookiing at to have it fixed?

Thanks

Reply to
Hans C

You should be able to purchase the Resistor Module and replace it yourself. It is a common failure point on E32/E34/E36 so there are a number of DIY articles for those models. You will need to locate one for the E39, it will not be very difficult but will involve some in-dash or under dash work.

Cheers, Bob

Hans C wrote:

Reply to
Bob

It's a pretty easy DIY swop. Cost (doing a rough UK to US conversion) about $100. Do a Google on BMW E39 final stage resistor replacement. It's situated behind the heater unit and accessible from the passenger foot well after removing the cover and carpet trim on the side of the gearbox tunnel.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks to all. And Dave, I haven't visited this group in abit. I always enjoy you idioms, axioms or adages.

Reply to
Hans C