Re: Runaway BMW update

On 20 Jun 2006 06:49:34 -0700, "Vijay" waffled on

> about something: > > > I still want to know how a 318 auto get's up to, and holds 130mph! > > Dodgy. > --

According to

top speed is 206kph (128mph). The usual slight over-read on the speedo or even just worn tyres and he could easily get up to and hold 130 on his own 'clock'. Mind you if I actually had a runaway at that speed on the busy A1 the last place I would be looking is at the speedo.

His best option was to turn the key back to auxiliary, and second [potentially more expensive] choice was to pick neutral.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

...and on the cellphone! What an idiot. Darwin was cheated by a BMW

It appears he blew the engine anyway. He seemed to not want to shift to neutral because it made the engine overrev. But going 130 down a busy highway with the brakes smoking was somehow better? Whatever he was arrested for, he will probably be charged with Terminal Stupidity.

Reply to
Rex B

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 13:15:10 -0500, Rex B waffled on about something:

I don't think he actually blew the engine and stopped, he went for the crash and totaled the car method.

The whole story sounded rather odd to me...

Throttle stuck, and gear shifter stuck, both at the same time... Hmmmm...

Driver too stupid to know the steering lock won't come on unless you actually pull the key out...

I still say he blitzed through one of the many speed cameras in that area and thought "f*ck, how can I get out of this one... I know... Throttle stuck... Oh and the gearbox will have to be too... Best I get on the phone to the police now and call for assistance to complete my cover".

I'd be interested to see if he already had some speeding points on his licence, and if the next 3 would have pushed him over the max allowed and lost him his licence. Assuming of course that the camera he blitzed past didn't get him at >100mph, which is an instant ban (unless you are a footballer of course!)

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy