Do you consider the 1-Series to be a "smug" car?

Assuming this isn't a flame bait my advice is to never let other people's opinions stop you from buying a car or anything else you want for that matter.

You shouldn't really give a stuff what other people think - buy what YOU like not what other people do.

Reply to
Sam Smith

At the moment I have a MK4 VW Golf GT TDI and while I've been very happy with the handling and torque of the car, especially since it's been chipped, I feel it's time for a change. I do like the MK5 Golf and I think it's a vast improvement over the MK4, but I have also been looking at the BMW 120D Sport as a possible alternative. I must admit I was looking forward to owning my first RWD car and I was hoping to impress my son Jasper who is a big fan of japanese drifting DVDs by doing little a drift around a roundabout one day, as long as the road is clear of other users of course.

I was reading an article (

on the Just Go Faster car site and the 1-Series has won it's "smug car of theyear" award which has put me off a bit, it gives the impression that people buyit as a fashion statement and I value handling and torque over fashion, althoughwe do own 4 Ipods, but I chose them for compatibility with my wife's G4 IBookthan for fashion. Their previous winners were the Audi A4 Avant, the ToyotaPrius and the BMW 530 Tourer; I assume this is a yearly prize they give out. Very best,

Quentin

Reply to
Quentin Montgomery

i have recently changed cars to a 1 series. i wouldn't say they are particularly fashionable as there aren't THAT many about. it does handle superbly and with traction off drifting is still possible. if you want to do that sort of thing. only thing id say is bm have really gone for the lower end of the market so the basic model is just that, basic. good luck

Reply to
Toby