How the hell do you check the Transmission Fluid on a 00 passat?!!!

I have a 2000 VW Passat, 4 cyl...my dad is a master mechanic and me and him could not find out where you can check the transmission fluid on the engine. We found where ya drain it, but how do you check it...It's time for me to get my oil changed, and I need to check my trans fluid. Anyone have any advice

-- rena.snyder

View this thread:

Send from

rena.snyder

Get a Bentley repair book for it. Newer VW's don't have tranny dip sticks. What you think is the drain is actually how you properly fill it. While monitoring the fluid temperature with your VAG-COM setup or equivalent when the temperature is as specified it should just drip out the plug thing in the bottom. You also need to brake off the cap on the top to change/add fluid. VW wants the correct amount of the correct fluid in there so it's kind of been sealed. More then a few people have had to have their VW automatics towed to the dealer to get the fluid changed properly.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Yep, not an easy or cheap DIYer task.