E36 Rattle Help Please

I have a rattle that is located just in front of the sunroof. It is not the sunroof itself. There is a panel where the switch is. If I push and hold this area the rattle stops!

The question is how do I remove this panel and get at what is underneath. The area looks like there is a cutout, I don't however want to damage the headliner. All responses are appreciated.

Reply to
jfnugent

That panel is held on by small clips. You can use a small screw driver to gently pry it off.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

That's where the sunroof motor is housed. Could be one of the (3?) screws holding the motor in place has become a bit loose. You won't damage the headliner if you use a flathead screwdriver - the panel is held in place with plastic tabs. the problem is that you might break a few of those - that's what happened to me. There were still enough to hold it in place afterwards though ...

Let us know how it goes ...

Reply to
Amit Rohatgi

Thanks All I am planning a spring cleaning ths weekend will tackle it then :)

Reply to
jfnugent