E39 front bumper - question .. HELP

Hello.

I have a quick question. I have an oportunity to buy a front bumper to my bmw e39 ( 1998 ) - but this bumper is from e39 ( 2001 ). Some poeople says that this is really different bumper from mine, but i have compered this two bumpers and they look reale the same.

Who has right ??? I would like to hear opinion from guy who realy knows that this bumper from 2001 will be good for my 1998 or NOT. ( the areas near the halogen looks the same).

Thank you very much - Peter.

Reply to
piotrmonter

Peter. I am in the middle of this situation you are discussing. The difference between the two bumpers is in the Fog Lights and the Trim molding. Both Fog Lights and Trim molding is NOT enterchangeable. Both bumper covers will enterchange and the grill pieces but not the Fog and Trim.

I replaced my 01 bumper with an 00 bumper because the 01 design. The 01 sits to low so therofore it snages a Curb Stop. The 00 bumper sits about an

1" higher and the problem is solved. Unfortunately I have to purchase different Fog Lamps and Trim parts in order to make it work.
Reply to
rlking