Electrical Problem w 89 325i

While sitting waiting to pick my kids up from school, I was looking at the adjustment on the sunroof (it's not closing real well) when I lost power to the sunroof. Wasn't too worried about that until I realized I didn't have power to important things like the ignition. I have windows, all the lights, central locks, radio and some of the dash indicators. What I don't have... check engine light, SI lights, A/C panel, STARTER and stuff like that. I looked at the fuses and they all look good but I'm going to check them all anyhow.

The BATT and ABS lights come on with the key so I know I have power that far. Kinda stuck on where to look but I'm about to start digging in the books and whatever I can find online.

Thanks!

Reply to
Psycho

Check the batt. with a voltmeter.

Reply to
Mark K

I'm certain it's not a battery issue. I want to believe it's a fuse but all the fuses in the fuse box look good. Maybe a relay but I don't know what all the relays do as of yet. Didn't have much time to look into it today. Had it towed home so I can work on it in the comfort of my own driveway. Looks as though I'll be driving my son's 87 325is tomorrow. Going to have a little fun with the 5 speed but have to figure out where brake fluid is going. Had to fill it back up this evening and burp out the air before the clutch would work. Just another thing to fix....

Reply to
Psycho

Your clutch slave cylinder is 'fubarred'. Cheap and easy replacement though, but do it soon or it *will* let you down just when you really don't need it.

JB

Reply to
JB

Believe it or not, all this was caused by a 7.5A fuse. Don't remember the fuse number right this minute but it looked good but tested open with a meter. Looks like I might I might invest in those damn "fuses for dummies" that I've seen for sale. They light up when they're blown....

Reply to
Psycho