Have your say? Why bmw?

with all the the other german brands of car, why did you choose bmw?

Reply to
ggslash

RWD, was told of fantastic drivers car, handling too

Reply to
Jules

What has nationality got to do with it? Does anyone buy a car by where it's made or who owns the company these days?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yup. If you prefer RWD there's little other choice on a limited budget. Of the few there are, choosing a BMW is a no-brainer. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I'm still wondering every time I have to touch that f***ing I-thing in the central console. Drives great. Lousy cupholders.

Reply to
bmoag

TBH I can't see their purpose. I would never drive with a cup of liquid in them, and if you're stationary who needs them. If they provided somewhere to put a cup that is otherwise non existant OK, but the front holders in my E39 are hardly necessary IMO. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

All my cars have been RWD, thats a must...but then i have have much cash so for years always had old Celicas, bags of cheap fun

Reply to
Jules

i said why out of all german cars did you choose bmw, i didnt say why did you choose a german car, other countries produce other types of cars, havn't you notice? german are more into the sides of richness with leather trim wood grain, cars arnt particurly quick, arnt really meant for speed but can, but we all know why their known mostly for. As for other countrys they have their own style, i asked why you choose that specific car out of germany.

Reply to
ggslash

And there is no such thing as a 'German car type'.

So a Jaguar doesn't have rich wood and leather trim? Or a Porsche isn't made for speed?

I wonder why?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Wow. I don't think the Germany on our planet is the same as the one you're discussing. epbrown

-- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

My daughter lives in England and loves her BMW. She loves the RWD, and remarks on how great the car is in handling as well. I live in the US and I am very tempted to buy a BMW for myself, not sure what model yet. Helen

Reply to
helensilverburg

Wow a girl understanding RWD over a FWD..never seen that before, not much differance in normal driving but for pleasure i only like RWD....my old beemer gave me pleasure from the minute i had her, not many cars have done that, even much more powerful ones...infact my old tiny dead underpowerd car was fun.

Reply to
Jules

Thanks, I taught her everything she knows about cars, she's only 21, but it's invaluable to know these things especially being so far away from home. We're both Beemer fans. Helen

Reply to
helensilverburg

-----------------------

you are more facinated in debating, as E-Brown showed, he understood what i was saying.

please....

Reply to
ggslash

You're a prime example of what's wrong with education today.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

and your a prime example of an asshole

Reply to
ggslash

A nice blue one? ;-)

Reply to
adder1969

For sure!! It has to be a blue one! :^)

Reply to
helensilverburg

Because I (still) cannot afford myself a Porsch.

-- carpe noctem t.

Reply to
Tomislav Buric

That depends. If one is prepared to drop one's blinkers there is the three-pointed star (despite your implication...).

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling