Headliner in removable hard top for E30

I have one of the rare removable hard tops for my 325i convertible, and the headliner has come unglued. It is still attached all the way around the perimeter, just sagging in the center.

Has anyone reglued one of these before? I just need to know how to remove the cloth headliner around 3 of 4 edges to spray the glue down.

The trim piece at the windshield edge looks like it is screwed down, but the weather stripping above the windows is glued on. I don't know if the weather stripping has to be carefully removed fist, headliner glued, then weather stripping replaced.

What should make the job easy is that I can take the top off an lay it upside down so I won't be working over my head. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks, Christopher

Reply to
blickcd

nope, but if you find out, let me know. i'm having the same problem, but not as severe.

thanks, jim

Reply to
ksampson3