HELP - replacing E46 325i lift points / jack up blocks

Hello All, I bought a used 2002 326i last month. I knew it had previously been in a wreck before I purchased it. I have known the previous owner for about 17 years. So I know exactly what was damaged in the wreck, etc. No surprises. The rubber (polymer?) blocks normally found in the corners by the wheel wells need to be replaced. My previous experience tell me that these are 'jack up blocks' used as 'lift points' for lifting the car. I went to the local dealer and they didn't have a clue. (No surprise there) They did however try to sell me a set of used M3 side skirts. Uh no thanks really, it's not an M3 and it's not going to dress like one. LoL

What is the correct name and or part number of these parts? Any idea if BavAuto (or someone similar) sells them or upgraded replacements?

Thanks! Karl N.

Reply to
Karl N.

Just looked in the EKT parts list and

1 couldn't find a 326i so presume it's a typo and it's really a 325i sedan

2 nothing showing what you describe

sorry matey

Reply to
hsg

Karl,

I don't know if your 325i has the same part number as my 2005 M3 but here it is:

SUPPORT LIFTING PLATFORM 51718268885

You can see a picture of it here:

It is item 27 and there are four required.

G.S.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Found it #23 on the E46 325i USA parts list - same part number though.

Strange calling it a DUMMY cover when it has a real use?

Hugh

Reply to
hsg