HK HEAD UNIT REPLACE in E46...INFO NEEDED

Hello I have a 2002 330ci with the HK system.

I am wanting to replace JUST the factory HK head unit with a Alpine unit.

Does anyone know if this is a simple "plug and play" proceedure? In other words, is there any line level conversion that needs to be done? or can i just use, say for example, a crutchfield wiring harness?

Also, any info on faceplates would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Reply to
frank

Got exactly that setup in my M3, HK audio but Alpine head with sat/nav. AFAIK it is just a case of switching the heads over using the appropriate adaptor. I've seen faceplates on ebay and several online ICE places so it shouldn;t be an issue getting one.

Reply to
TonyK

How do you retain steering wheel volume and channel/track controls? How hard to add Sirius and iPod?

Reply to
Mr Physics