Weber 32/36

I have a Weber 32/36 progressive carb on a 1987 civic sedan. The engine and carb should be tuned well. But the preformance is not up too par. I have been considering rejetting this carb. How does one calculate the proper jet size? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reply to
<seimas2

|I have a Weber 32/36 progressive carb on a 1987 civic sedan. The engine and carb should be tuned well. But the preformance is not up too par. I have been considering rejetting this carb. How does one calculate the proper jet size? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

there's a small paperback book, now out of print, about tuning the Holley 5200, which is the same carb. It is the only definitive tuning book on this carburetor. If you can find one, buy it and hang onto it.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

generally by looking at the plugs and decoding the color of them. you'll need experienced help, maybe. good luck, sammm

Reply to
sammmm

|generally by looking at the plugs and decoding the color of them. |you'll need experienced help, maybe. |good luck, sammm

That's pretty hard to do these days with unleaded gas. Still works, but almost has to be supplemented with other info such as EGT or AF ratio readings.

| |

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B