iDrive and iPod: Shuffle Albums

2009 328i coupe with new Gen iDrive

iPod Classic 80 gb

I have the BMW iPod Adapter kit, and I'm very impressed with how fast I can navigate thru the iPod. However, I can not figure out how to get my iPod to shuffle ALBUMS. I feel confident that I've tried all possible settings on the iPod but, still no luck. Every time I think I've got it set correctly, when it plays through an entire album, it just starts the same album over again.

In my previous 2001 330i, I took out the stock BMW head unit and replaced it with a Pioneer aftermarket unit, with Bluetooth and iPod capabilities. Sometimes, when I chose to play a specific album on my iPod, I had to remind myself every time to get it back to shuffling ALBUMS - but I was always able to do so.

Can anyone with the new Gen iDrive offer any insight into whether we are able to shuffle ALBUMS with the iPod? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
Dell Christopher