TL and iPod Support

When will the TL have a built-in iPod adapter? Thanks.

--

Reply to
broye

Or a simple AUX input. Anything with the word iPod on it would be more expensive.

Reply to
Venture Rider

Here's a press release that I saw on the Owner Link website:

Acura Press Release Acura Unveils iPod Music Link Accessory

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. 09/07/2005 --

Acura today unveiled the Acura Music Link iPod(R) adaptor, which allows seamless integration between iPod and Acura audio systems. The new accessory developed by Acura enables drivers to listen to their iPod in digital sound directly through the audio system in the 2006 Acura RL, TL and TSX sedans and MDX SUV. Acura Music Link allows drivers to select their music by artist, album, genre and play list through the standard controls on the audio system head unit. Additionally, the Acura Music Link adaptor will be the first to include text-to-speech capabilities or VoiceID, when searching through the iPod music library with the audio system controls.

"We are very excited to partner with Apple and offer the Music Link accessory to our Acura customers," said Stony Furutani, manager of Acura accessory marketing. "Acura vehicles are equipped with the latest audio technology and we are pleased to expand the audio experience to iPod users."

"We're thrilled to team up with Acura, to provide drivers with a seamless iPod experience," said Greg Joswiak, Apple's vice president of iPod product marketing. "Car companies are embracing the iPod, and over 30% of the cars sold in the US in 2006 will offer iPod integration."

The Acura Music Link adaptor provides outstanding sound quality while charging the iPod battery at the same time by a cable conveniently located in the glove compartment. The adaptor will be available starting in mid-December exclusively for purchase and installation at Acura dealers. Suggested retail pricing for the Acura Music Link will be approximately $250 plus dealer installation charge. Acura Music Link is backed by a full Acura factory warranty. Consumers should check with Acura dealers for specific restrictions.

iPod's are available in the U.S. through the Apple Store(R) at

and at selected retail outlets.

I'm pretty excited about it. I just hope that it also fits the 2005 TL's!

Reply to
Jennifer B

Reply to
fbennett