iDRIVE problem: Resolution?

2006 550i: Sometimes the iDrive just sits on the BMW screen for 15-20 seconds, sometimes it comes up right away. The dealer says "oh, other 2006's do that also". Has anyone else had this problem and did their dealer solve it? How?
Reply to
ag

AFAIK the iDrive starts to boot up when you use the remote to unlock the car. If you get in the car without first having to unlock it, say, from your garage at home, it will seem to take longer to boot up when compared to a situation where you unlock from 50 feet while walking to the car, open the door for the old lady etc etc...

Armed with this > 2006 550i: Sometimes the iDrive just sits on the BMW screen for 15-20

Reply to
Niels Petersen

OK. I do have comfort access and maybe that is the issue. I will try this.

Reply to
ag

Reply to
Clive