Seat Ibiza - alarm problem

I've just got a Seat Ibiza, and while I was away workmen were given my spare key (without the remore functions) to move the car. Now the alarm goes off every time I start the ignition. I've tried every combination of remote buttons it seems, I've tried opening the car manually and turning the ignition within 15 seconds, but nothing stops the alarm sounding. The instruction manual and my Seat dealer were no help. Can anyone advise me how to start my car without the alarm sounding?

Many thanks

Mr S

Reply to
Mister Shed

Tell the details of model (engine) and year and I'll have a look, there is something about turning to lock for at least half a second, then unlock three times (half a second at least each time) on one model, then a whole load of special key presses.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

It's a 1.4 automatic, 2005 (55 reg). Thanks!

Reply to
Mister Shed

Unfortunately it doesn't list that late a model info, the space is grayed out, the 02 year one says: Have all the keys with you, insert key, switch on for max 5 seconds, remove key, work quickly now, within 20 secs, press and hold unlock button on key, keep pressed and now press the other key button 3 times in 10 seconds, release the lock button and led in key should flash 5 times. try each key in turn,the second should unlock it, the third lock it the fourth unlock. exit programming by turning on ign.

You have nothing to lose by trying the above if the key sounds right with two buttons and an led.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

thanks i'll try this - where did you get this information from?

Reply to
Mister Shed

from autodata

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

as its a 55, get the stealership to sort it under warranty efforts

--

Reply to
Neil