If you are thinking of buying a BMW read this

This one ain't a PC but is originally '96. With a few upgrades.

Just what makes them obsolete? What cutting edge work do you do with it? I do have a modern PC for video editing etc but prefer this old beast for everything else.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Being from the UK it wouldn't bother me. But it was a real problem on the E39 so should have been addressed on a new model.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, the only way *we* (the E28 community) found out was, some guy scratched his head, took a few measurements, and tried it. The 9000 roof panel fits the E28. Maybe the 900 is close to the E30. OTOH, maybe they're still available new. There are something like 6 glass E28 panels left in the BMW parts system worldwide. You can get one for just over $300 if you know who to ask. Used Saab parts usually run you more like $30-100.

Well, yeah. Ours will instruct you to turn left onto the nearest street in spite of the fact that there's a 4-foot-high brick wall in the median. I can overcome shortcomings like that with common sense .=2E. and 'she' will immediately reroute me. =3D;^) OTOH, there's the story of the BMW exec who drove a car into a lake because 'ze navigation system sayss zere iss a road here.'

-- C=2ER. Krieger (Been there; mighta' done that)

Reply to
E28 Guy©

That is funny...

Reply to
dizzy

Well, God forbid that you be seen as technically inferior to your competitor, even if if the technology is STUPID. Just imagine the market death if you didn't have an LCD screen in your dash!

Reply to
dizzy

Yes. I saw that. It was funny, but I wonder if a dollop of Clarkson exaggeration was applied... After all, you may not have to go through all the settings the next time.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

"John Carrier" haute in die Tasten:

Do not know how it is in your edge of the world, but in Germany you have the choice to buy your E90 in two dash versions. One dash holds the big center LCD screen, and you get an iDrive with it (which makes sense for controlling the Navi system). The other dash comes without the screen, without the big bulb for the screen, without iDrive - and without a navi. But if one wants ho have a current BMW the way they made them decades before, he definitely does not need a navi;-)

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

Thank you very much for adding your comments JM and Frank.

davidT

Reply to
davidT