Ignition Problems LIke you wouldn't believe!

OK so here's the deal on a frigid new york monday morning i go to start my 94 325i. Suddendly I felt something snap inside the ignition while the switch stayed in the radio position. the ignition lock worked properly. (meaning it didn't spin freely 360 degrees).

so I took off the plastic trim panel and went to the red ignition switch on the left side of the steering column since i read about the spring coming loose in another post here. spring back in it's place and put the switch back in, turn the key and still nothing!

I remove the lock cylinder and it looked good then I look inside the whole of the column where the cylinder goes and i saw something, the part where the lock connects to the rest of the ignition was broken. stuck my finger down there and it spun , so I took out the switch again and started the car to park it in the backyard after i'm done parking it the steering wheel locked on me! so now i'm ultra pissed. has this happened to anybody else? can somebody please suggest a solution? Am I stuck taking the bus forever?

Reply to
kidmangu