just got a 325is

anybody have any words of wisdom and/or experience?

Reply to
hedgerum

I'm sure that collectively we have lots, but maybe not all of it's relevant. For example I might offer that on the 1986 model, you'll probably eventually want to simply short the coolant level sensor instead of replacing them because they're not particularly reliable anyway. However, maybe you have a 2006 model in which case, that wouldn't be useful. Or maybe you were looking for driving tips? If you could describe the car in a bit more detail and narrow down what you might be looking for particularly, you're likely to get more useful help.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Beroset

Buy a Bentley manual.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

youre too right ed. lemme fill in some details:

it has 84000 miles. the mileage was really the prime selling point, i didn't know what a sweet lil car it is till i took it out for a few spins. its an older model - 1987 - but the engine does purr. the guy before me put nice shocks, muffler filter etc on it i took it 110 today had room for more easy. got about 170 hp in a small lil package, and gas efficiency is way better than my old car. the more i read the more i realize these things do make a diffference. i did learn that these older cars have issues with the rear top shock mounts the hard way however... hope i keep learning more good than bad. also the wipers are stuck in the middle, i guess it contributed to getting a better deal but now i gotta fix em' ... anyone run into this issue before?

Ed Beroset wrote:

Reply to
hedgerum

the germans bought the british out - not the other way around. for the record.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
hedgerum

the germans bought the british out - not the other way around. for the record.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
hedgerum

Robert Bentley is a publisher that makes an excellent service manual for BMW cars. Buy a Bentley manual.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

apologies, my ignorance got the best of me. i will check it out. thank you.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
hedgerum

The other guys have it right; buy the Bently Manual. It may not have all the answers but it'll give you a great place to start.

btw - the wipers are probably from a loose linkage conntection. Under the driver's side wiper post - a PITA to get to but not a difficult fix.

Cheers!

Reply to
ytp427

Reply to