Looking to buy E39 M5 (in UK)

Now that the E39 M5 are becoming available in my price range, looking for comments on what to look for when buying second hand etc.
Looked at a 1999 T reg locally to me - had the full BMW service history with
all receipts and was in very good condition (ex-solicitors compnay car apparently judging by the name on the paperwork)
80K miles on the clock, all electrics worked as far as I could tell. On the market for £12.5K
However, having been stung once before buying the first car I saw, I am going to cast my net a bit wider.
Are there any major points I need to look for, any recall items that should have been attended to etc etc.
Does this model suffer the cooling fan problem as with other E39's? What about timing belt replacment etc etc.
Many thanks
Jason
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
You asked about recalls. Contact your nearest dealer and ask them to check for outstanding Recalls and Service Campaigns.
You also mentioned timing belts, I think you will find that this engine has a timing chain, not a belt.
As for the rest of it, if you don't know what to look for when buying a used car, it maybe worth employing someone who does, or buy an approved used car from a reputable dealer.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ